Exceptional Student Education
- General Information
- Contact Information
- Suggested Online Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- eSchool Video
Pasco eSchool supports the district’s mission by providing a comprehensive list of courses, Guidance, ESE, and staff supports. Our virtual platform offers diverse educational opportunities for a variety of learners. Pasco County Schools Student Support and Services Program
When a student who is eligible for services and accommodation under an Individual Education Plan (IEP) begins the process for enrollment in Pasco eSchool, our Student Services Team will review the student’s academic records and IEP to determine whether Pasco eSchool has the necessary staffing and supports available to provide an appropriate educational environment, in accordance with Rule 6A-6.0334, F.A.C. Families may be required to submit copies of report cards, transcripts, and the most current IEP for review.
If the student’s IEP suggests that enrollment in our full-time virtual program is a viable option—and if the student’s academic history and records do not indicate a need for other more intensive academic or behavioral supports, the family’s request to enroll in Pasco eSchool may be approved. Students with IEPs must meet all of the enrollment criteria established for general admission. All necessary ESE services and related services must be available within Pasco eSchool’s current model, which includes online delivery for some services, and a clinic model at local schools for other related services—as provided by the Pasco County School district. If comparable services are not available or not appropriate in a full-time online environment, or if Pasco eSchool’s team has concerns that a full-time online setting may not be the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) for the student, then other educational options will be discussed during the application process. Please contact our office for more detailed information.
- K-5 ESE Administrator: Erin Senior email@example.com
- 6-12 ESE Administrator: Marie Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
- K-5 – Michelle Bergmann email@example.com
- 6-8 – Mark Englander firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9-10 – Jacqueline Frazier email@example.com
- 11-12: Allyn Harding Hoxie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about Accommodations at Pasco eSchool
- Parentally Placed Student Notification and Election Form
- Florida’s Bureau of Exceptional Education And Student Services
- A Parent’s Introduction to Exceptional Student Education in Florida explains the ESE process and key information in the state and federal laws regarding ESE
- McKay Scholarship Program FAQs provides answers to common questions surrounding the McKay Scholarship Program
- Florida Diagnostic & Learning Resources System (FDLRS) provides information, training, and support to districts and families in order to promote effective parent participation in the educations of children who are exceptional and/or have special needs
- The Notice of Procedural Safeguards for Parents of Students with Disabilities describes the parent’s rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). These rights, or procedural safeguards, are intended to ensure that parents are included in the educational decisions made regarding their child. Contact your child’s school for access to a copy of the procedural safeguards in a language other than English.
- Exceptional Parent Magazine provides information, support, ideas, encouragement, and outreach for parents and families of children with disabilities, and the professionals who work with them
- NICHCY has provided a list of special education and disability-related acronyms
- Transition Planning for Students with Disabilities: A Guide for Families has been revised and is now available online through the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services and Project 10: Transition Education Network.
- Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities Guide
- For detailed district information regarding ESE in Pasco County Schools, please refer to our Special Policies and Procedures (SP&P)
at: https://beess.fcim.org/sppDistrictDocSearch.aspx and the Pasco County Schools LEA Profile at https://www.fldoe.org/academics/exceptional-student-edu/data/lea-profiles/
- Additionally, Pasco eSchool operates as a franchise of Florida Virtual School (FLVS) and adapts certain aspects of FLVS’s procedures to support its instructional delivery model. Information about their policies and procedures is available here: https://www.flvs.net/student-resources/full-time/student-support-services
Below is a list of courses we feel would be excellent starter courses, earning high school credit.
Music of the World:
Critical Thinking and Study Skills:
In order to fulfill the graduation requirement of completion of an online class, a student would need to complete a full year of Music of the World, whereas Peer Counseling, Critical Thinking and Study Skills, and Social Media are all one-semester courses.
Q: How do I request a T/IEP Meeting to discuss enrollment with Pasco eSchool?
A: This link will provide a form for you to complete your request: