Middle School Planning
The following document illustrates the common educational pathways for a middle school student. These pathways assume successful completion of previous coursework as well as meeting other prerequisites that may apply. This is intended as a planning guide only.
If you are the parent of a Florida middle school student, this guide is for you. It is designed to explain Florida’s high school graduation programs, including two programs that let students graduate from high school in three years. The guide also provides information to help students and their families as they plan and prepare for post-secondary goals, including information on acceleration options and advanced coursework.
The Career Cruiser is a career exploration resource used to promote career development for students. It provides self-assessment activities to assist students in thinking about the relationship between personal interests and career goals. Charts display sample occupations in 17 career clusters. Occupational descriptions, average earnings, and minimum educational level required for the job are also listed. This publication is now only available online.
College & Career Planning
Florida Trend’s Next – Your guide to life after high school in Florida. The magazine has been created to help teens unlock and open doors of opportunity to a successful future.
ACT Information – The ACT is a standardized test for high school achievement and college admissions in the United States produced by ACT, Inc.
SAT Information – The SAT test, first introduced in 1926, is intended to assess a student’s readiness for college.
FloridaShines – Online Career and Educational and Exploration & Information
How to Get into College: Step by Step Guide for Grades 6 ‐ 12
Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education
Other Important Links
Community Service Hours
- Study Skills and Tips – http://www.how-to-study.com
- AP course and exam information – https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/home
- Dual Enrollment PHSC – https://phsc.edu/academics/high-school-programs
- Explore career options
- Community Service Hours
- EOC information and test preparation
- Note Taking Skills
- College Checklist
- Developing Your Study Skills
- Test Taking Strategies
- Manage Your Time
- Transcript Request Form
- Character Counts – http://charactercounts.org
- Connect with Kids – www.connectwithkids.com
- Teen Dating Violence – www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention
- Cultural Diversity – https://www.kidsmatter.edu.au/families/about-difference/cultural-difference/cultural-differences-other-resources
- Teaching Tolerance – www.tolerance.org
- Grief Support – www.hph-hospice.org
- Suicide Prevention – http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/ssps/suicide_prevention_and_intervention
- Information for Parents/Educator (Spanish)
- Information for Students
- Anti-Bullying – www.stopbullying.gov
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – www.SAMHSA.gov
- Drug Abuse – www.drugabuse.gov
- Love is Respect: Abusive Relationship Awareness – www.loveisrespect.org/
- Teen Dating Violence www.cdc.gov/Features/DatingViolence/
- Human Trafficking Awareness https://www.state.gov/j/tip/id/help/
- Alateen – www.alanon.alateen.org
Support for students who have family members who are struggling with addictions.
- Self Injury
- Bullying is not fair, and it hurts.
Click on the links below for more information and to stop bullying NOW.
School Counselor Shared High School Students Last Names A-L
Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. (Malcolm Forbes) Mrs. Carr has had the opportunity of counseling students at the elementary, middle, high school and college levels.
School Counselor Shared High School Student Last names M-Z
Ms. Radle gets to be involved in planning and improving the school experience for all. She loves to explore new places with her family, read, work on home improvements, and family tree.
School Counselor K-8
Rena Sadler earned her Masters degree in School Counseling and she taught science at the middle and high school levels. Mrs. Sadler grew up in Pasco County and enjoys spending time out doors with her family.
Graduation Enhancement Coach
I love watching my students grow and learn over the course of the year. Bleed Orange and Blue-GO GATORS! Love spending time with my wife and 2 daughters.