What We Do
2013 Feedback from Students about their Teachers
- Honestly I’m honored to have had you as a teacher online…You were always prompt with everything. I always got the info I needed early, and you always replied to my texts/emails. You were my first online class, and you couldn’t have done a better job. The class was a lot of fun. Thank you!
- Thank you for being such a supportive teacher. You are so helpful, understanding, caring, supportive, and the list goes on and on. I would have to say you are honestly the best teacher I have had…I know come May I will be very thankful to of had such an amazing teacher who took the time to help me when I needed help, and I think everything you have taught me will help me for when I start college in the summer. I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am and that you are honestly my favorite teacher. Good luck with the rest of the school year. Thank you so much.
2011 Student Survey Feedback
- I used to not like science because I thought it was really boring, but this course makes it really interesting.
- I like the fact that I can work at my own pace. Also, you don’t have to sit in class for an hour, while you learn just as much as reading an online lesson.
- I think that all the assignments were fun and informative! When you’re doing them you’re learning so much and it’s fun all at the same time.
- The lessons keep me entertained and educated at the same time. It’s hard for me to retain information unless I do it in a fashion, which allows me to enjoy my work. It was a lot of fun and has things teenagers can relate to.
- I enjoy English, and it has been an interesting class to take online. I am glad to have had the experience and opportunity and will be taking AP English Language online next year as well. I prefer the online setting over the classroom setting for English.
- I think that it’s awesome to learn a new language, and this course online makes it interesting, easy to understand, and FUN!!! I took 2 semesters of Spanish beginning at a bricks and mortar school, and yes, I did understand it, but it was a lot harder to understand, and was more boring. This course is awesome!!!!!!!!!
- I am a computer junkie. I have always used the computer for school work, but now I love the fact that I can just do all the work online.
- My teacher is really good with communication. If he sees your struggling or in need of help he always offers it. Also on the DBA’s he really helps you with anything you need. He’s very nice and a great teacher.
- Communication with my teacher is great! She always takes my calls and even if I miss her, she calls back asap. Also, whenever I email her with any questions she always gets back to me and helps out.
- I enjoy being able to talk to someone when I need help; it helps when they guide me through the things that I don’t completely understand at first. The communication with the teacher is GREAT!!!
- I call and talk to my teacher often, and I feel like he really is interested in my success as a student.
- The quality is amazing by it being organized, easy to understand, and way easier to focus on school work.
- I feel my teacher knows my work better [in eSchool] and can spend more time helping me learn and focus, when in a real class there are always distractions, interruptions, and never time to talk to teachers.
- I think that the quality of this course is better than a traditional class because you can study things for a longer period of time, and go back if you don’t completely understand something.
2011 Parent Survey Feedback
- Virtual school has been very beneficial for my daughter in that it allows her to be more creative, makes it possible for her to accompany me on trips and still complete work, and seems to promote a closer working relationship between the student and teacher as there is almost instant feedback and he/she is available via phone or email at nearly every time we need them.
- Any time, any place, any pace and any path…it says it all. As a family we have complete controll over these very important parameters. The students get 150% (guestimate) more personal and one-on-one attention from the teachers. The students can re-submit an assignment. This enables them to better understand the objective of the lesson if perhaps they became tired, hurried or the like in the completion thereof. This results not only in a better understanding of the lesson but also an increase in self confidence and self esteem because of better grades/success in the course.
- It allowed my daughter to take a course that would otherwise not be available to her.
2010 Student Survey Feedback
- I stay up late & sleep in. I enjoy not having to get up early every day! I love my flexible schedule, so I can have a LIFE outside of school!
- Not only do I enjoy learning about the Spanish language itself, but I also appreciate being offered the opportunity to learn more about the Spanish culture. This online course does a bit more of that than any regular Spanish course I have been in.
- I love to learn about science! I think that this course is awesome, because there are many things to do throughout the lessons. It really gives you in-depth information, about things around us.
- I think that this course captures my attention, because it’s putting geography to me, in a way that the public schools didn’t, and it’s exciting because there is research that we have to do. I especially love doing the country briefings and learning about other countries and cultures.
- I enjoy working at my own pace and ahead of schedule. By taking an online class, I am enabled to do so. This course in particular provides me with clear instruction and captures my attention intently because the assignments are SO FUN! And they vary greatly in style as well. I like the diversity and creativity very much!
2010 Parent Survey Feedback
- It makes my daughter think more and she has learned so much more in virtual school than in public school. She has not had to worry about the other kids that do drugs, bulling, or violence.
- One of the best things about Pasco eSchool is that my child gets one on one attention from his teachers without interruptions.
- The flexibility is amazing!! You can work any time and from any place. My son can do the classes when it is convenient for us.
- The lessons can be done at the students pace. It allows the family to be together while the student learns. The parents can be more involved in what the student is learning and can incorporate other activities, discussions, and field trips to correspond with what is being learned.
- Thank you for all the great teachers of the online school. This is the first time in many years that I felt comfortable with my child’s education.