There are many reasons to educate your child outside the traditional classroom. A public virtual school provides an opportunity for parents who want to be more directly involved in their child’s education. Pasco eSchool enables you to share the gift of your time and talent with your child. Our virtual school’s instructional model provides individualized learning plans and easy to follow lesson plans designed to meet your child’s specific educational needs and goals.
Pasco eSchool offers free enrollment in a full-year program featuring the best of tradition and innovation in education. Students and Learning Guides use the world-renowned Calvert curriculum, receive instructional oversight by highly qualified teachers, and apply the latest technology for online learning.
Enroll in Pasco eSchool and your family will receive:
- Tuition-free access to the time-tested, accredited Calvert program
- Educational experience that is parent-driven, not computer-driven
- Instruction supported by Florida-certified teachers and Calvert Education Counselors
- Online and face-to-face interaction and collaboration within a virtual school community for your child
- A curriculum with clearly defined academic objectives and step-by-step lessons, which aid in providing instruction at your child’s pace with the support of our experienced teaching staff
- Access to Verticy Learning, a specialized curriculum designed to help struggling readers
- Instructional technologies for 21st Century learning
- The freedom to balance flexibility and structure for your family
Parents of students taking virtual courses will act as a Learning Guide and must be prepared to commit significant time to provide daily instruction and supervision, in coordination with the virtual school teacher. Please fill out the pre-application to enroll. If you have further questions, please contact the Pasco eSchool office.
Elementary Parent Resources
- FAQ for Parents of Students with Accelerated 4th or 5th Graders
- Sample Schedule for Full-Time Virtual School Elementary Students
Is Part Time eSchool Right for My K-5 Child?
Recent changes in legislation have expanded opportunities for elementary students to include virtual courses as a part of their school schedule. The District School Board of Pasco County can extend this opportunity to you through Pasco eSchool or Florida Virtual School.
Parents may rest assured that our schools always continue their tradition of providing excellent academic challenges every day to meet the needs of all students and help them achieve their learning goals. We want families to understand that a virtual school course is only one of the options offered to students, and it is not required for your child to participate at this time.
For self-motivated learners who know how to organize their time and see tasks through to completion, a virtual school course may be a good fit. We have provided a helpful FAQ to answer your most common questions regarding eSchool for K-5 students. Parents of students taking virtual courses must be prepared to commit significant time to provide daily instruction and supervision, in coordination with the virtual school teacher.